The church bells bear the date 1709 and their frame rests on four large timber uprights all made from a single oak tree. For 30 years the bells of Llantilio Crossenny church were silent until 2012 when a team of ringers was re-established.
The bells are sixty foot high and stand on four blocks of stone, one at each corner of the tower. This framework seems to have been put up for extra strength at the time the bells were installed, and the shingle spire rising a further 50 feet above the top of the tower was added at the same time.
The original 6 bells were cast by Abraham Rudhall of Gloucester in 1708-9, with a tenor weighing 10 cwts and 23lbs, (520 kgs). The present peal was cast from the metal of this earlier ring in 1978 by the White Chapell Bell Foundry of London, the bells being augmented to eight. The present tenor weighs 4 cwts 2qts and 4 lbs, (230 kgs) and is tuned in the key of D.